Imagine you are in space and you are just craving brownies. You have all the ingredients including spices and herbs. But you do not have an oven. How to proceed to curb that craving. No problem here is the El Veganista 420 gluten-free solution that will do the job.
- The flavour (optional) – 50ml herb-infused butter, herb infused coconut oil or a mix of the both. Check out how to in our article The making of herb-infused oil.
- The binder – 350ml of hemp hearts, quinoa flakes, puffed amaranth or a mix of these
- The texture – 350ml of walnuts, almonds cashews, peanuts or a mix of these
- The moisture – 250-500ml of dates (depending on how moist they are)
- The tropical – 100-200ml of grated dried coconut (depending on how moist the batter will be)
- The Amazonian – 5 tablespoons of cacao powder
- The African – 2 tablespoons of carob powder
- The aroma – 1-2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- The savory – A small pinch of salt
- Using a food processor or some kind of mechanical blender/mixer:
- Get the binder and the grains into a powder first.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients one by one, adding small amounts of dates at a time, until everything sticks beautifully together.
- Prepare a walled baking-plate that can take about 1000ml of batter.
- Transfer that batter onto the baking-plate.
- Spread the batter into a 3-4cm (1 inch) thick patty.
- Put the baking-plate into a refrigerator and let the cake sit for 2-3 hours.
- Use your fingers and not a spatula to clean out the remains from the bowl you mixed the batter in.
8. Take the baking plate out of the refrigerator and sprinkle with some more grated dried coconut or any glaze or topping of your choice.